Merry Christmas everyone. It looks like Santa made it to our house last night. When i got home from work, Chelsea was the only one up and excited to open gifts. I held her off for a little while but then released her to go wake up the others. Cord was the grumpiest until he got downstairs and realized what was about to happen!
It was a nice Christmas. It seems that the kids were on the nice list because they got the things they wished for from Santa, plus some bonus gifts from mom and dad. Mike and I agreed not to gift each other this year so we could spend everything we had making it nice for the kids, but he ignored the rule and had got me a collection of dolls for my doll cabinet. I haven't gotten out all my dolls during the moves because I have so many of them. He didn't like seeing the cabinet empty and had the chance to buy a collection from a friend so each of the kids gave me some dolls.
But the best gift i received was a piano song from Chelsea. At the beginning of the month she had said she wanted to learn "Breath of Heaven" on the piano, but I never heard her playing it. One time I even asked her and she said no it was to hard. Boy was I surprised when she said she had a gift for me. She had worked really hard and only practiced when i wasn't home. She had also gotten mason trained on how and when to turn the pages for her. Such a collaboration and I had NO idea it was even happening. It was the perfect gift because it was from her heart and it was beautiful! Thanks Chelsea!!!!
Cord got his train set and a set of tools from santa. He also got a basketball hoop, t-ball stand, play digital camera, along with puzzles and books.
Mason got his Mario Bros wii game along with 2 mario DS games. He also got some lego sets, several bakugan, and a few more DS and wii games.
Brianna got a camera and lots of make-up from Santa. She also received some dance posters from her favorite artist Edgar Degas, 2 subscriptions to dance magazines, and clothes :)
Chelsea also got a camera, her new moon poster, an adapter to play her ipod in the car. She also got 2 photo magazines, several CD's and books. One of her favorite gifts was the "drivers handbook" so she could start studying for her drivers permit (but not until May).
After the fun of opening presents we had scones for breakfast. Then I took a nap. That afternoon we all headed up to St. George to join the family for Christmas dinner. My mom made the best homemade Cordon Blue! We also enjoyed visiting with Mike's parents that evening and then joining my sister for card games.
No comments:
Post a Comment