Friday, June 19, 2009

Reunion day 2

The kids were really excited about today's plans, I however wasn't. We were going horseback riding. Horses and I don't get along very well. I remember a time when I was little (maybe 10 or so) when I was with my friend Angela. Her dad was taking care of a horse and he took us down for a little ride. The horse backed into a wire fence and kicked us off. Then 2nd event with horses was when I was a senior in HS. My friend Gayeline had horses. One day she convinced me to go for a ride with her. The horse decided to run and I fell off. So I've gotten along very well since then staying off horses. But I knew Cord would enjoy the ride on the "e-he" so I decided to take him. As we were sitting there waiting to go, I just about got off and made my dad take him. We had divided the group into 2, the slow and the fast. Mason, Cord and I were in the slow group. Our horse was named "happy". For the most part it was OK. A couple of times the horse tried to trot until I learned how to control it. Cord loved the trot, I did not. I was impressed that Cord was happy to sit with me the whole hour ride. He kept singing "dudt de dudt" and he almost fell asleep because he was so relaxed. I was also impressed that Mason was able to control his own horse. Chelsea and Brianna went with the fast group where they went trotting all they wanted. They LOVED it!

After the horse adventure we headed back to the cabin where some of the lucky ones got naps. I however went with my dad and took my kids exploring around Brianhead. We climbed down an ice cave, got eaten by bugs at a fishing lake, and went on a couple short hikes. That night we did what we love to do most, gather around and play games. Mason really enjoyed the pool table in the loft. It's the best part of being together. Here are some of my favorite moments of the day.
















No comments: