Monday, July 21, 2008

Beach Adventures in CT - 7/11

With Chelsea home from girls camp, it was time to start our adventures heading down to Williamsburg, VA to see my brother and his wife. Today we had planned to drive down to Philadelphia (about 4 hours) but had planned a stop at a beach in Connecticut. We searched for one with a lighthouse because that is something I really wanted to see. This beach actually had 2, there is a tiny bump by my mom's head that is a lighthouse at the end of an island of rocks. The 2nd house is in a pic down below. The kids enjoyed splashing in the water and looking for sea shells. Cord seemed interested in all the seaweed floating around. After exploring the beach, we sat down at the park next to it for lunch, and then we were on our way again.

We were bummed that we couldn't go up inside the lighthouse, I guess I'll have to keep looking for one that is open to the public. It was pretty cool to look at though.
By the time we got back to the car, Cord was soaking wet and needed a new change of clothes.
The girls found some crabs on the beach. Brianna's shirt is filled with sea shells.
This beach is only about 1 hr away from us. There was a splash pad, a park, and a carousel ride right there as well. I hope we can go back with Mike and spend the whole day there.

No comments: