Friday, July 17, 2015

Bloomington Lake and Smores


On our way to find Bloomington lake, I wanted to stop and go on a quick tour through the Paris Tabernacle.  It was beautiful.  So much woodwork throughout the place. 

 
It took a while to get to the Lake.  We drove for 30 minutes on a rough dirt road.  I almost turned around several times.  But we made it only to find out that there was a hike to get to the lake.  The hike was only half a mile and it was a beautiful area.




The lake was freezing but there were some crazy people swinging off a rope into it.  It was fun to watch.  I did see some snow in the mountains because it was so cold.  Brianna did go with us, but she didn't want to be with us so she isn't in the pictures.  She wandered off the path on her own and ended up with a weird rash on her arms.  hmmmm.





Can you see the little patches of snow there?



After we got back to the cabin, my eagle scout built a fire for us to make some smores.  It ended up being a marshmallow burning session but that was fun too.  Afterwards Cord and Brianna went back in to finish their Monopoly game while Mason and I just sat and chatted as the fire burned down.  I'm thankful for quality time together. 




No comments: