Friday, November 2, 2012

Big boy band

The 8th grade band members were invited to join with Coronado HS marching band for the football game tonight.  The were assigned a buddy in the HS band and they showed them what it's all about.  They were jumping around, cheering, and playing together.  They looked like they were having a good time together. 




At half-time they all gathered on the track.  After the marching band did their show (which was amazing), the 8th graders joined with them to play what I assume is the Coronado fight song.  They sounded AWESOME! 

The amazing view from the football field of the strip.



I was so excited about the thought of Mason being involved in something so big.  They really seemed like a cohesive group.  I'm sure they work hard, but they play hard too.  When I quizzed Mason about it at the end of the night, he said he didn't want to do it because all they do is "stand around all day".  Bummer..... I can still hope though :)

No comments: