Before school starts, we decided to have one last adventure so we headed to St. George for the weekend. Saturday afternoon we headed up to Pine Valley to escape the heat and have a picnic. Once we found a good stop to set up, it started to sprinkle. I was concerned as the rain sprinkled us while we were eating and standing under trees, but then it stopped and we were able to explore while enjoying being outside. It was a great afternoon.
The kids discovered a small stream close to our picnic. They spent time throwing sticks/ rocks in it and then building a bridge across. Cord found one "bridge" and as he started crossing said, "I have feeling that it's not safe". So we waited until we could find a "safe" place to cross.
We also found a couple of structures that had been made with sticks that were pretty cool.
I have spent a lot of time up in Pine valley as a child, and one thing I felt was like a rite of passage was going through the tunnel. Mason was really excited to walk through this tunnel. Cord wanted to as well but he was wearing his new school shoes and I didn't want them to get wet. Maybe once he's a little older.
We had a great time walking along the river trying to find a good way for the little boys to cross. It was like our own high adventure. We loved being up in Pine Valley and being together with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment