Friday, April 13, 2012

Gilcrease Bird Sanctuary

More time for Cord and Mommy this week as we joined his preschool on another field trip. We visited the Gilcrease Bird Sanctuary. It's a little place that is a safe haven for animals of all types. I was surprised how many different animals there were there. A lot of birds, ducks, swans, turtles, peacocks, ostriches, llamas, goats, donkeys, pigs, fish, etc. There were ducks following us around as we wandered around. I let Cord take a few pictures of his favorite animals. Cord loved feeding the ducks and wandering around the goat pen. I love our little time together. This week I registered the little guy for kindergarten next year. We are hoping to get into the all day program so I can move to a day shift position and we won't have to depend on a babysitter. So it's bitter sweet for me. We won't have any more time just him and I while the other kids are in school. He'll do great in an all day program but it's hard to see time going by so fast.


Cord went around to say Hi to each bird as we read their name tags.  We saw some pretty hurt birds that were healing. 


There were a tone of ducks around, some of them were pretty mean to each other.  We had a good discussion about how to be nice to others when your playing. 










"I'm not cute!  I'm COOL"







Being in this goat pen made me super nervous.  They were really tame but their horns had me on edge.  Cord loved it.  The goats tried to eat my camera bag and the keys hanging on my pockets.



The cockatoo shelter was SO LOUD!  All of them screaching.  Cord found a couple of birds that would dance with him.  Cord would bob back and forth and they would copy him.  FUN!

No comments: