8 years ago we were lucky enough to have a baptism and a baby blessing. Now we get to have a baptism and priesthood ordination. This morning, Mason became a priest and Cord was finally baptized. It's so weird that my "baby" is baptized. It's the last one for me. :(
Cord has been talking (and worrying) about this for a year. At first he said that he wasn't going to get baptized because he didn't want to get his face wet. Then he changed his mind to say that he would get baptized if he could wear goggles. (don't know if we can find some white but wouldn't that be a funny thought). So he began "practicing" in the bathtub by pouring water over his head with a cup.
When Cord went to do his interview with the Bishop he was worried because he "didn't know all the answers in the book" (meaning scriptures). Of course it's all my fault that he "doesn't know about Jesus". Luckily he passed the interview anyway.
During the baptism program he was sitting there with Grandpa Alldredge, all dressed in white, looking very nervous. When Nora's grandpa was talking about the baptism he asked the kids if they were forced to be here. Cord nodded his head YES! Then after a little bit he changed his answer to NO. He is so honest. Cord really wanted Mason to baptize him but Mason didn't want to, so he chose Grandpa Story to do the honor. It really meant a lot to my dad to be able to do this for him. Grandpa has been looking forward to this ever since we asked him. Cord even practiced with grandpa a little bit. My dad asked Cord if he could count to 100 because that's how long he was going to leave him in the water. That didn't help Cord's nervousness.
We had so many family members come down to support Mason and Cord. Grandpa McKelleb ordained Mason to the office of a priest before the baptism. We had so much love crammed into the little room. It was cool that Riker and Christian were able to help with the ordination.
The baptism went awesome, and fast. It's amazing that you do so much planning and it's over in less than 1 minute. Mason got to be a witness to the baptism along with Grandpa McKelleb.
Cord wanted daddy 2 (Mike Blatter) to talk about the Holy Ghost but he was out of town, so then he asked me to do it. We also had a musical number with all the siblings of Cord and Nora Washburn. Cord and Nora even came up to sing with them. It was super awesome that Bryan could play piano for us. Then Cord received the Holy Ghost. I'll admit that I peaked during the prayer. I hope I'll never forget that face, eyes closed and concentrating, arms folded, surrounded by the Priesthood, taking this big step.
Getting ready and opening presents. Cord has been upset at me because he was "the only person in our family who didn't have scriptures and how could he learn about Jesus if he didn't have scriptures". I've never seen anyone so excited to get his own scriptures. He was so excited to take them to church. He also loved his new CTR tie. He also received a white baptism towel and pillow case from Grandma/ pa Alldredge. He also received a savings/ tithing bank from the Gentrys, a maroon and white bow tie from the Blatters, and a jar of round bubble gum that said "Chews the right" from Jen Skogstad and Laura Anderson. How lucky that he gets presents for his birthday, Christmas, and baptism.
Mason waiting to be advanced in the Priesthood. He is growing up soooo fast! He is becoming a man.
A band of brothers also known as the McKelleb Men.
Love of the McKelleb family
And love from the Alldredge family
Grandpa and Cord ready to go Doesn't grandpa look excited? He really was, he just doesn't show it.
How grateful I am for the grandpa's who made this day special.
The day wouldn't be complete without his Blatter Brothers there to support us.
After the program, Cord asked me if he could go with Momma 2. When he didn't come back I thought maybe he had climbed into their car and went home with them, so I left. I had texted Ronica to see if she had taken Cord. After I left the church she responded that she had walked him back into the church and left him with Chelsea. Apparently Chelsea had pointed him in my direction and then left to go get the meat for the luncheon. So I turned the car back around and went back to the church. There he was, wandering up the hall with his presents in hand, looking for me. You've heard of the movie Home Alone? My dad said "he had the Holy Ghost now so he was OK". I took the opportunity to take a few more pictures of him since it was just the two of us. I had also realized that in the hurry to get all the pictures done, I hadn't taken one of just him in his white jumpsuit. I couldn't let that go so I went and borrowed a dry jumpsuit and made him change out of his white jumpsuit to get my pictures. I'm so glad I did that because the pictures are priceless.
We partied at the house with all the family members who came. It was an awesome day (even though it felt like a Sunday all day). Cord is excited to be presented to the ward in Sacrament meeting today. All day yesterday he kept asking me "how many minutes until 9 AM". He wants to make sure we aren't late for church.














No comments:
Post a Comment