Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

After all of the preparation, Christmas is finally here!  Last night we took the kids to eat at the Sunset Feast Buffet.  We like the buffet because everyone can get what they want. 

 
 
 
Then we drive around to look at lights.  At home we open our Christmas jamies and watch a movie while tracking Santa on Norad.com.  When he gets to the mid-west we know it's time for bed.  The kids get the plate of cookies and carrots ready and then go to bed with dreams of sugar plums.




Chelsea was up at 3 AM but stayed in her room until everyone else was up by 8.  Before going downstairs I asked Cord if he heard anything last night.  His eyes got very wide and he said, "YES, I heard Santa say Ho, Ho, Ho and then I saw him come down the chimney".  WOW, and I missed all of that, bummer.

 
The first gift of Christmas was a song Chelsea had been working on for her daddy "What Child is this" (his favorite Christmas song).  Then the chaos begins.


 





It's all over so fast and I always manage to forget something.  I forgot we bought t-shirts for the girls when we went to Big Bear California.  Brianna reminded me and then I found them later.


Cord got his dinos, a leapPad2, his Star Wars wii game, and a new DS plus fun games and puzzles.


Chelsea got herself a new computer, clothes, books, and speakers for her iphone.



Brianna got several essential oils that she was hoping for, sweaters, books, make-up, and one-direction stuff (including this life-size Nail from her friend Clair).  Nail arrived Christmas Eve on our doorstep.  While Brianna was talking with Clair, Cord came up to me and whispered, "Mom, there's a boy at the door........ A pretend boy......... He's really pretty!".  :D


Mason was thrilled to get his ipod, Skylanders game with several figures, hex bugs, origami sets, and clothes (ok, maybe not so "thrilled" with the clothes).

Dad's new Christmas outfit: new helmet, jersey, and socks which were perfect for his Christmas day ride while the girls and I went to see the movie Les Miserables.  The boys were perfectly content to hang around in their PJ's all day playing with all their new toys.  The family also got a trampoline that Daddy gets to figure out how to set up. 
 
Mike surprised me with a new hope chest.  He had built one for me when we were dating but with all the moves, it fell apart.  It didn't make it to this house.  This is a really nice cedar chest with a bench seat that we can put in front of the bed.  I also love my big wall clock, collection of Victoria Secret lotions, and enough charms to finish my bracelet.
 
 
Mike took the kids and let them pick out charms to represent them for my pandora bracelet.  I love it and what they represent.
 

We had a great Christmas together as a family.  It was a very relaxed and laid-back day.  I'm really glad it's all over though because the holiday season really a stressful time for me getting everything ready. 

1 comment:

Colby & Brenda said...

This is wonderful, looks like your family had a terrific christmas, but what about you? Did you get any presents??? :)